Senior Java Developer - Anti Money Laundering Team – Tallinn
Apply for this job
We’re looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our Anti Money Laundering Team [AML] in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to help us catch the bad guys who are trying to abuse TransferWise.
You’ll receive a competitive package within the range of 28K-55K annually and generous stock options.
As part of the Anti Money Laundering Team, you'll be making sure that we stay compliant, do the best we can to find people abusing our system for unlawful purposes, and still being relentlessly customer focused.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in London and Budapest as well as meet various partners and organizations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You’ll be passionate about product and user experience - customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- You’ll have solid Java 8 knowledge and hands-on experience
- You have high coding standards (TDD, Clean Code)
- You know your way around dependencies, have experience in performance tuning and have used DB abstraction layers like Hibernate or messaging services (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS)
- You have experience working with Spring, Spring Boot and REST microservices
- You have worked for several years within a production environment
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You have experience with financial systems, compliance, risk, fraud, or Anti Money Laundering
- You are able to practice the teachings of Uncle Bob and Martin Fowler
- You have knowledge of PostgreSQL, advanced types and query features
- Perhaps you have experience with machine learning or other data driven development experience
- You know your way around event driven architecture
- You have some Groovy experience
Some of your benefits:
Apart from the all-expenses-paid company trips, stock options in one of Europe’s most hotly tipped startups, a laptop and team lunches every other Thursday, you won’t get much in the way of extras. However, we will give you 28 days holiday a year (plus public holidays), a fun, friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to grow and the chance to be part of our irreversible change in how money moves across the world.
Not from Estonia? - No stress, we will help you (and your family) with full relocation from any part of the world!