Senior Full Stack Developer - Know Your Customer Team – Tallinn
Apply for this job
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our growing team in Tallinn.
You’ll receive a competitive package include a salary within the range of 28K-55K annually, and generous stock options.
Regulators and banking partners are still relying on antique, not convenient and not the most reliable sources for identifying customer in modern tech world. We believe that there are technological solutions that can help us identify customer and understand their behavior for offering the best experience for our customers and highest credibility to our regulators & partners.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
As part of the KYC team you'll be changing the world of finance to be more convenient, fast and secure for the customers. Removing the hurdles of verification while learning to know our customers is what you'll be working toward. To become part of a team that builds a scalable full-stack compliance system. You will design relevant architecture from client facing components down to back-end infrastructure. You will be a coach and mentor for a team of engineers as you settle into the organization. To create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture, closely connected to a whole TransferWise family. Be hands on and heavily involved in design, architecture discussions, and prototyping of new systems with the team.
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- Solid knowledge of Java 8 and Spring Boot
- Understanding of horizontal scaling and experience with relevant technologies
- Experience working with SQL databases, query optimization and designing schemas
- Experience using TDD, understanding of test coverage best practices & test pyramid concept
- Experience using Agile development methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Experience using database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- Experience with Angular or React
- You'll empathize with our customers’ problems, develop impactful solutions and measure results. Our teams are working on big challenges bearing full ownership over the customer journey.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You understand that the customer is at the heart of everything you do & empathy drives every decision you make
- You have analytical skills and a data driven approach
- Some experience with machine learning
- You have some understanding of regulatory compliance and experience with AML or Fraud Prevention is a big plus
- You're passionate about technology, product and user experience
- You have the ability to help your team work independently, identify problems that need to be solved & implement solutions to them
- A broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product
- Knowledge/Interest in payment platforms, FX and/or performant complex systems
- Willing to travel & work with teams in other offices (London, Budapest, New York, etc)
- Be a customer of TransferWise