Product Analyst - Fraud – Tallinn
Apply for this job
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
About the role
TransferWise has become a global platform to transfer money, which hosts millions of transactions every month. At this scale, it is extremely crucial to detect and prevent fraudulent activity amongst those transactions in real time. The Fraud Team is developing scalable solutions to this sophisticated problem in a small autonomous setting. If you like the idea of analyzing fast moving data, building continually learning systems and using cutting-edge tools to develop processes that all focus on helping our million customers then we will love to speak with you!
We’re looking for a Product Analyst to join our growing team in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to go beyond the numbers and dig deep into trends to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Develop your expertise in the fast-growing FinTech market
- Choose your path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
A bit about you
- You’ll have previously worked within product analysis and be able to give examples of how you’ve analysed customer data to inform successful product changes (using SQL, Excel, Python etc to do this)
- You can summarise the complex and present data visually in a way that makes people say ‘I got it!’
- You’re customer focused at heart and this drives your decisions
- You’re happy working autonomously and use analytical thinking to solve complex problems
- You’ve used BI tools in previous roles
- You know the best tools for the job, you’re keen to learn new ones and we’re agnostics towards whatever you think we can use to bring the most value
- You know the importance of and have a passion for fraud detection and prevention (if you’ve had experience in this area before that would be a real bonus!)
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- You’re interested in machine learning
- You might have experience working on big data platforms
- You’ve got relevant academic qualifications