Key Business Compliance Manager – Tallinn
Apply for this job
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
Our KYC team is the first line of anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing and fraud prevention. Our aim is to build a seamless experience where our good customers’ money is safe.
We’re looking for a capable compliance professional to join us as a Key Business Compliance Manager with a mindset that allows us to build processes and relationships that put our customers first while being aware of the risks surrounding the industry, specific products and requirements set to us by regulations and partners while maintaining business.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Setting up TransferWise risk appetite for key business customers, including acceptable use and risk management; assessing risk for certain business products and develop relevant risk management framework;
- Building and maintaining compliance relationship with key partnerships and business customers (including banks), e.g. conducting due diligence upon on-boarding and on-going basis. The scope of due diligence shall be determined in accordance with TransferWise’s acceptable use and AML risk assessment framework and may include a variety of checks including nature of business, website and business model research, financial statements and money flows, regulatory set-up, AML and compliance processes, reviewing 3rd party legal opinions on the partner, onsite visits, etc;
- Implementing the outcome of the due diligence in the contractual, risk and monitoring framework of the customer or customer/product segment;
- Communicating with key businesses and partners as required to handle onboarding, escalated or complicated cases;
- Negotiating compliance-related arrangements and contractual terms with key business customers, always representing TransferWise’s culture and values, while ensuring compliance with the relevant laws and regulations;
- Being an advocate for TransferWise’s regulatory approach and continuously work towards demystifying this approach for all teams;
- Working in the team and with compliance to evolve both our policies and our due diligence processes, continuously improving our knowledge, risk management and customer experience;
- Representing the policies, processes and auditable due diligence records to regulators and auditors.
What we’re looking for:
- Regional (e.g. UK and/or European, US) AML and regulatory compliance expert for a regulated financial services firm designing and challenging process, ideally across multiple jurisdictions and product lines, with minimum of 5 years of previous work experience in the compliance/risk sector;
- Forward looking by challenging compliance preconceptions and finding solutions to enable TransferWise serve higher risk customers compliantly to support growth;
- Understand business models, financial and business products as well as legal and contractual framework governing the products such as online marketplaces, sharing economy platforms, crowdfunding, investment and securities trading products.
- Cross-team and external cooperation and very good communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- Handling routine and stress;
- Punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done;
- University degree in law, finance or business is beneficial;
- Fluent verbal & written English required; fluent working proficiency in French, Dutch or Spanish of advantage;
- Willingness to travel approx. 20-25% of the time between Tallinn and London.