Junior People Operations Specialist - Fixed term [1 year] – Tallinn
Apply for this job
We’re looking for a Junior People Operations Specialist to join our growing people team in Tallinn on a fixed-term contract for 1 year (with potential to go permanent). The role is a unique opportunity to learn how HR works from the bottom up and you will be providing support to the global People Ops team on a range of lifecycle activities.
- Your mission is to work closely with our People Ops Mobility Specialist to help keep our current and future Wisers moving as we continue to grow and expand
- You’ll be working with and maintaining the HR system and other custom apps with high level of accuracy. At first, this will have heavy emphasis on supporting data entry and integrity ahead of our new HR system launch in Autumn 2018
- Supporting with administration of payroll processes (e.g. joiners), cooperating with other People Ops team members.
- Preparing documents such as Employment Contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Certificates etc.
- Supporting with resolving employee requests even if these sit outside HR Services remit by working beyond organisational and functional boundaries
Mobile Wisers support:
- Produce letters and references relating to visa applications and travel
- Assist with keeping our residence permit tracker (Estonia only) and the HR system up to date with the correct information
- Support with residence permit renewal and change processes
- Helping out new hires with relocation documentation, if needed
- Tracking our (abroad remote working) Mobile Wisers in our systems
- Coordinating with Leads and our external Partners to complete activities related to moving our Wisers
- Occasional additional tasks, helping to develop our Global Relocation Framework
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn how People Operations works in a fast-growing, international company.
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
A bit about you:
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Estonian
- Eagle-eyed attention to details
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
- Can-do attitude and a positive mindset
- Honest, able to own up to mistakes (we all make them, after all) and reliable - someone who never breaks promises
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Some office experience
- Interested in a career focussed on People
- Proficiency in other languages, not essential but a bonus if you have them
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.