Java Developer Cards and Pay-in Platform Team – Tallinn
Apply for this job
We’re looking for a Backend Java Developer to join our Cards and Pay-in Platform Team in Tallinn.
You’ll receive a competitive package within the range of 28K-55K annually and generous stock options.
You will work on a critical piece of TransferWise. Cards and Payin Platform team owns all the infrastructure enabling customers to fund their transfer via debit or credit card ( which is about half of TransferWise’s transfers!). The team also owns the core pay-in platform, which enables other teams to support various regional pay-in methods. You will be facing varied tasks, but the team owns the full experience, from the mobile and web client parts all the way to processing the card payments. Apart from that, you will be able to develop a highly secure environment. The team has developed a PCI-DSS Card Data Environment for which security is the top priority.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in London and Budapest as well as meet various partners and organizations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You’ll have solid Java 8 knowledge and hands-on experience
- You have experience building RESTful API's
- Knowledge of databases and SQL: You can build semi-complex queries and optimize them.
- You have high coding standards (TDD, Clean Code)
- Motivation and ability to understand a complex system, its dependencies, how to debug it
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have experience working with Spring, Spring Boot
- You like writing automated tests for your code.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- What motivates you is building something that will positively impact our customers. You don’t focus on the job title, or having to use the latest fancy technology.
- If you have worked on PCI-DSS systems, we clearly want to talk!
- Experience with card payments or the financial industry.
- While most of our work happens on the backend side, experience in client development (Web,iOS or Android would be a strong plus).
Some of your benefits:
Apart from the all-expenses-paid company trips, stock options in one of Europe’s most hotly tipped startups, a laptop and team lunches every other Thursday, you won’t get much in the way of extras. However, we will give you 28 days holiday a year (plus public holidays), a fun, friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to grow and the chance to be part of our irreversible change in how money moves across the world.