Java Developer - Global Conversion Team – Tallinn
Apply for this job
We’re looking for a Backend Java Developer to join our Global Conversion Team in Tallinn. The role is a unique opportunity to help in making our customer journey from start to finish a seaming less experience.
You’ll receive a competitive package within the range of 28K-55K annually and generous stock options.
As part of the Global Conversion Team you will be adding and improving features that define the core of TransferWise and will be used globally across different markets, making TransferWise products more convenient, faster and scalable.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in London and Budapest as well as meet various partners and organizations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You’ll be passionate about product and user experience - customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- You’ll have solid Java 8 knowledge and hands-on experience
- You have high coding standards (TDD, Clean Code)
- You know your way around dependencies, have experience in performance tuning and have used DB abstraction layers like Hibernate or messaging services (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS)
- You have experience working with Spring, Spring Boot and REST microservices
- You have worked for several years within a production environment
- You like writing automated tests for your code.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You know your way around event driven architecture
- You aren’t afraid of failing.
- You have a customer-focused approach to product development, putting the customer first when making decisions.