Java Developer - Fraud Prevention Team – Tallinn
Apply for this job
We’re looking for a Backend Java Developer to join our Fraud Prevention Team in Tallinn.
You’ll receive a competitive package within the range of 28K-55K annually and generous stock options.
You will work on a critical piece of TransferWise. Within the Fraud Prevention team you apply best engineering practices to fight crime around the world. We are using the latest technologies and tools to build an advanced Fraud Prevention Engine, detecting different types of fraud. You will be Fine-tuning and feature engineering of Machine Learning Models, you will be improving and enhancing the relevant data pipelines and would have the chance to improve our investigation UI.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in London and Budapest as well as meet various partners and organizations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You’ll have solid Java 8 knowledge and hands-on experience
- Knowledge of databases and SQL: You can write custom queries and are able to design schemas
- You have high coding standards (TDD, Clean Code)
- Motivation and ability to understand a complex system
- You have excellent communication skills
- You like writing automated tests for your code.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Spring Boot
- Experience with NoSQL, Big data and Event Stream Processing is a big plus
- Experience developing in a modern front end framework. Angular.js is preferred, but experience with React is also relevant
- Experience with Fraud Prevention
- Understanding of Machine Learning Practices
- Analytical and investigation skills will be very nice to have
- Experience with messaging services (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS etc)