Company Secretarial Manager – London
Apply for this job
We’re looking for a Company Secretarial Manager to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to take our company to the next level to help millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
Today, customers have paid over £1 billion into their borderless accounts and are saving themselves £60 million every month in bank fees. Yet we’re moving less than 1% of the world’s money. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
As we grow rapidly around the world, we need to make sure we have the right entities and set up to support that growth in every region. Our product is built on trust. Maintaining that trust is crucial and that means staying on top of our responsibilities to the authorities who regulate us.
- Build and maintain our corporate group of companies and the database that sits behind that.
- Ensure we meet our company secretarial responsibilities around the world, including ensuring all filings are made on time and managing any queries that arise as a result.
- Own and manage our relationship with local company registries and third parties in all our jurisdictions, including law firms and accountants.
- Work closely with the Compliance, Banking, Finance, Legal and other teams team to ensure the affairs of the group are properly managed e.g. setting up markets, tax structures, signing authorities, information requests, advice on entity, director and corporate issues, governance and process.
- Help onboard directors and other officers and support with board and committee meeting preparation, company resolution drafting and administration.
- Maintenance of our capitalisation table, and working with investors in relation to shareholding and related enquiries and ensuring correct corporate procedures around capital positions.
- Manage insurance coverage around the world.
- Other ad hoc work to ensure the smooth running of the Secretariat function, including monitoring changes in local legislation.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility for maintaining our corporate group of companies.
- Play a crucial role in supporting the mission of our company for our customers in the years ahead.
- Interact with all levels of the business, as well as with executive and non-executive board members and observers.
A bit about you:
- You’ll have international experience in a CoSec role for private and/or public listed companies and have experience managing or administering subsidiaries and branches overseas. Qualified chartered secretary status, a plus.
- Experience in filing with companies registries worldwide and know your ACRA from your Companies Registry, and your Annual Return from your Change in Particulars.
- You’ll be passionate about creating order and structure but understand that not all roles or colleagues work best in this way.
- You’ll be pragmatic, a clear and proactive communicator and an incredible executor who is not afraid to get your hands dirty to deliver what is needed.
- You’re committed to the cause, motivated and independent.
Some extra skills that would be a plus:
- Experience and confidence using Google Docs, Slack, Blueprint OneWorld as everyday tools for success.
- Experience working in a fast growth and sometimes unpredictable environment.
- The ability to certify and/or notarise documents.
Some of your benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including salary and stock options.
- 25 days’ holiday and a company holiday in Europe.
- Peace of mind with medical cover, pension and parental leave.
- A flexible work culture.
- Many social events, including team lunches on Friday.
- The chance to be part of one of THE companies of our time and help shape the future of finance.