Millbrae, CA, US
Apply for this job
Sigma is the sum of all your life experiences. It’s a clearinghouse for life’s achievements where you, the user, have more control over how your personal data is used and shared. Your Sigma profile is a compilation of the certifications, licenses, awards, and experiences that define you – all in one place. Organizations (Orgs) give out digital ‘Merits,’ which users enjoy full access to and control over. We’re building more than a verified digital system for achievements: we’re forging a better way for organizations and individuals to interact. We can't wait to see what you do with it.
Projects you can work on
- Use Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform to deploy and scale our microservices across our fleet on Google Cloud Platform
- Use the Linkerd service mesh to manage our microservices with unified service discovery, routing, and failure handling
- Use tools like Prometheus and OpenTracing to improve our infrastructure as we scale
- Build a flawless developer experience with interactive documentation and examples, clean interfaces and dashboards, and beautiful widgets
- Build custom integrations with existing association and customer relationship management systems to help organizations send and verify Merits on Sigma as easily as possible
- Build web and mobile tools and SDKs to help organizations and developers build Sigma verification into existing processes and tools, saving them countless hours and errors
- Implement new features like real-time user analytics and business intelligence using Google Cloud BigQuery and Dataflow
- Use and develop the tooling we’ve built that unifies Scala’s, GraphQL’s, and Flow’s type systems
- Use analytics tools like Mixpanel to analyze and iterate on our user interfaces to help achieve one of our core goals of making Merits "easy to send and easy to use"
- Build infrastructure to help Sigma and our partners comply with privacy regulations like the EU General Data Protection Regulation
We’re looking to hire experienced engineers to join our six person engineering team:
- You will own entire pieces of the product or infrastructure, from research to end-to-end implementation, making technical decisions that impact the success of the company.
- You’ll learn through code review, technical guidance, and mentorship, and help others grow through those same means.
- You’ll learn to identify opportunities to compound the growth and efficiency of our team.
We have no hard requirements but strong candidates will have three or more years of work experience at a technology company, a degree in computer science or a related field, and one or two (or even three) of the following:
- Strong experience building scalable web software, including distributed systems infrastructure, business logic for APIs, or tooling to power a public developer API
- Strong experience building beautiful web user interfaces using React and CSS