Head of Product Management
Millbrae, CA, US
Apply for this job
Sigma is seeking a head of Product Management. The ideal candidate has a strong background in product leadership with a passion for making great experiences. This person will be the first product leader to be hired into the company and will have a direct impact on how the product team and culture evolves. In this exciting new role, this candidate will be an active member involved in crafting and operationalizing the strategic plan, they will develop new programs and processes for product development, and will help Sigma achieve its goals of building a world-class platform for helping organizations and people around the world manage and enjoy their life’s achievements and qualifications -- from extracurricular certifications to professional licenses.
This role will report directly to the CEO. This role is both strategic and tactical requiring the head of product to also act in an individual contributor capacity while leading and growing the team. This role will have a direct line of sight into Engineering and will work with the team on sprint planning and resource allocation. For the right person looking to challenge themselves and have significant responsibility, this will be a unique opportunity. The team is filled with people who are smart, hardworking, and always have your back.
The right candidate will:
- Drive agility and consistency in the way the team plans, resources, and delivers work
- Create visibility and transparency on what the team is working on and why
- Develop right-sized processes and standards to scale team’s capabilities
- Be user-focused and passionate about always making the user experience positive and unwilling to allow product challenges that can impact users negatively
- Lead a talented team and collaborate closely with Sigma’s Engineering, Marketing and Business Development teams
- Have confident and positive style that inspires immediate team and the rest of the company to do their best work
- Be a learner and insights focused to ensure the team is aligned on how to develop and improve the UX experience; be able to share learnings with broader team
- Prepare and deliver key meeting materials to demonstrate progress, plans, results
- Work with the team to drive the formalized product process such as Roadmap, Product Requirement Documentation, Designs, Specifications and Testing plans.
- Develop, coach, and grow the talented team and be an advocate for them
- Make Sigma a great place to work, and as an executive actively shape an inclusive and positive culture
Skills and Qualifications:
Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of direct Product Management experience
- Strong, hands-on product management skills, with experience developing and executing strategies successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus
- Data-driven with interest in leveraging data to drive strategic decisions
- Integrity with flexibility, presence, and confidence to work in a dynamic, changing environment
- Experience with Agile / Scrum Product Management
- Successful track record of planning and rolling out API platforms
- Strong communicator and ability to convey strategy, plans, timelines to leadership and team.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical capabilities with the ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems
- Hands-on, driven, strategic, accountable, collaborative, hard-working, and productive
- Zest for life and for the creation of a great culture and place to work