As a Product Designer, you will be working closely with our engineers, product managers, and operations managers to concept, design, prototype, test, and iterate on solutions that meaningfully connect providers to seamlessly coordinate patient care. We’re looking for a generalist who thrives in ambiguity, deeply understands and can champion our users, and design solutions that are equally thoughtful, elegant, and delightful.
What You Will Do:
• Work with the product and client-facing teams to identify gaps and opportunities in user experience.
• Drive the design process through concept development, validation, wireframing, prototyping, and final visual design (in quick, iterative cycles).
• Collaborate with the cross-functional product team (operations, engineering, data science and product management).
• Craft designs that connect the dots between user needs, data, business goals, and clinical workflow insight.
• Facilitate user sessions that produce valuable, actionable feedback.
• Create assets (wireframe, flow, mockup, prototype, etc.) at the appropriate level of detail for the need.
What You Need:
• 5+ years professional experience as a product/experience designer.
• At least 2 years of experience working as an in-house designer supporting the evolution of an existing product (startup experience preferred, agile approach preferred).
• Ability to incorporate data & user feedback, along with product & design instincts, to craft outstanding experiences.
• Ability to take complex user needs and turn them into easily-understood interactions that work seamlessly within a larger system.
• A strong visual aesthetic, experience creating visual systems, and delivering beautiful, high fidelity, production-ready designs.
• Strong conceptual thinking that balances user needs, business goals, and workflow insights.
• Experience over the design process from concept development to launch.
• Ability to discuss your work confidently connecting it to larger strategic objectives as well as clearly articulating tactical and execution details.
• Adaptability and comfort with the changing-nature of a dynamic business.
• A willingness to jump in and do what it takes to help the team achieve results.
• Experience and efficiency with standard design tools.
• An online portfolio demonstrating selections of your professional work for our review.
• Understanding of the dynamics between the customer and the user in an enterprise SaaS context.
What Would Be A Plus:
• Experience designing for healthcare providers
• A degree in visual or graphic design
• Experience facilitating design workshops or sprints
• A demonstrated interest in healthcare
• Data visualization experience
What You Get:
• Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company with many opportunities to expand the role and responsibilities.
• Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant, inspiring, and enthusiastically supportive team.
• An opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a company looking to help solve one of the thorniest experience problems in the country - healthcare.
• Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors.
• Become an expert on healthcare delivery system transformation, and work closely with the country’s most innovative health systems.