San Francisco, CA, US
Apply for this job
We are looking for an exceptionally talented, pleasant and practical employment attorney to join our legal team in San Francisco.
You will work closely with our People and Recruiting teams, as well as with other members of the Legal team, advising at all levels of the organization both domestically and internationally. This could be a special opportunity for someone. We’re just getting started! And we’re nice. :)
- Provide advice and counseling on a range of employment law issues, including recruiting, hiring, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, privacy, contingent workforce issues, and immigration.
- Partner with the People, Recruiting and Sales Operations teams to evaluate and implement employment, recruiting and compensation practices, policies, and processes that balance legal compliance with the culture we want, and our employees deserve.
- Draft and review employment-related agreements and templates.
- Advise on investigations and respond to claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other employment-related inquiries.
- Conduct audits, classification reviews, and support other compliance efforts.
- Assist in managing labor and employment matters, disputes and litigation, as needed.
- Assist in developing and conducting training and education programs for interns, employees, managers, and the People team.
- Collaborate with local counsel to advise the People team and management on international employment and immigration issues.
- 7+ years experience working at a major law firm, with prior in-house experience preferred. International employment experience is a plus.
- Ability to draft documents, policies, messages and anything else in a very precise manner, while still being concise and digestible for non-lawyers.
- It is a cliché, but attention to detail really is a requirement.
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is constantly changing with an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize based upon the needs of the business.
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by a point of view that is thought out and communicated well.
- An ambitious mindset that enables you to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment and call out issues when needed.
- Entrepreneurial desire to build out a Legal function that is supportive, collaborative, transparent and cross-functional with other Legal team members.
- Ability to work cross-functionality with different departments to reach alignment and buy-in.
- JD required. Bar admission and in good standing in at least one state (CA preferred).
- You use Slack and love emojis
- Eager to chip in wherever and whenever help is needed. Good at building authentic relationships with all kinds of people across many functional teams.
- Oh, and you should like being a lawyer!
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.