Lead Software Engineer, Cloud
Plantation, FL, US
Apply for this job
- As a Lead Software Engineer in our Cloud Platform team, you will be leading a team building highly scalable services to support web-based applications and mobile devices. You will create secure, multi-tenant services, including databases and middleware. You will work closely with other teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Implement systems from technical designs with clean, well-commented, and well- tested code.
- Participate in development planning and prioritization.
- Create and maintain Continuous Integration processes.
- Participate in the professional development of a world-class team of Cloud Engineers.
- Create, champion and drive better metrics and monitoring initiatives to gain more insight into the behavior of our Cloud applications and services.
- Lead small team of direct reports on software engineering initiatives.
- Provide team status updates to manager.
- Strong programming skills in Go, Java, or C/C++.
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (AWS, Google, etc.)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Experience with authentication and authorization in the cloud, including access token and secrets management, Single Sign-in, and OAuth.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP) is a must.
- Proficiency with Git.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to lead others and resolve team issues with limited guidance.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
This notice is posted in connection with the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification. Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on the application to the Regional Certifying Officer of the Department of Labor at the following address:
United State Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Atlanta National Processing Center