Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders - so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. If you prefer routine and changes get you stressed out, this may not be for you. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
A bit about the job
TransferWise brings fairness into the world of money. Our Operations team is looking for a capable Operations Specialist, who is passionate about technology and improving customer experience within a disruptive and fast-growing environment.
A bit about the job:
- Together with your team build strong relationships and ownership of operational work with internal and external partners by maintaining and improving collaboration;
- Keeping an eye on the payments engine and solve payments-related issues;
- Focus on efficiency and ensure timely and compliant payments processing;
- Act as the first level problem-solver and as a point of contact between TransferWise and our partners;
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support it with analysis;
- Work with the customer support and product development teams to make our customers happy;
- Drive product and working processes improvements;
- Be creative, friendly and solution-oriented with customers and colleagues;
- Get to know more about how money moves around the world.
A bit about you. You should have:
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- 1 - 3 years of experience in responsible specialist role:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong administrative skills and attention to details;
- Ability to think outside the box when figuring out new solutions;
- Ability to multitask, be proactive and independence to make decisions in critical situations;
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities;
- Willingness to get things done while being punctual, independent and proactive;
- Good team player with get things done attitude;
- Trustworthy, curious and not afraid of changes;
- Flexibility in working hours.
Please only apply, if you're legally authorized to work in Singapore.
In order to apply, please send us your CV and cover letter explaining your motivation to join us.
Please be aware that applications without a cover letter won't be considered.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.