San Francisco, CA, US
Apply for this job
The DevOps Engineer is a multi-faceted position for someone who is a self-starter, enjoys both planned and interrupt-driven work schedules, and has a laser focus on ensuring a good customer experience. He or she will be deeply involved in the successful operations of our Cloud service (cloud.realm.io), ensuring that our customers on the service get a positive experience 24x7x365. He or she will get involved in discovering failure conditions internally before they are found in production, and may get involved in testing solutions from the customer’s perspective and in a representation of the customer’s environment for customers who self-host the solution.
- Build, manage, and operate the various microservices and containers
- Build and operate testing infrastructure and test harnesses to improve solution availability, scalability, and overall operational capabilities.
- Ensure the correct operations of the Realm Cloud service running at cloud.realm.io
- Display outstanding technical and professional communication skills at all times
- Be “on call” and generally available for critical after-hours emergencies
- Provide critical hand-holding to specific VIP customers
- Other duties may be assigned as required by the business
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a technical degree or the equivalent of at least 2-4 years of relevant, related experience
- Excellence in communication
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions and processes with minimal instruction
- Knowledge of Cloud-based SaaS deployment models highly preferred
- Knowledge of Kubernetes highly preferred
- Linux experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of mobile environments highly preferred
- Basic scripting knowledge desired
- Basic computer programming knowledge desired
- Additional requirements may exist if offer of employment is extended
We offer you:
- An opportunity to impact technology and tools used by thousands of Software Developers and large Enterprises all over the globe. The Realm open-source database is running in literally billions of devices worldwide.
- The ability to join a group of very talented individuals working closely together from our offices in Copenhagen and San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.