Principal iOS Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Apply for this job
Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we’ve launched same-day delivery in nearly 200 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered more than $1B in grocery products.
- Executing a variety of projects to extend and enhance our Instacart application for iPhone and iPad
- Building new features to create an experience nothing short of magical
- 6+ years of experience with native iOS app development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred with 2+ years of software development experience and at least 2 years of iOS app development experience
- Very strong development skills in Swift, Objective C, iOS SDK, and good general programming and algorithm skills
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work
- Proven customer facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience
- Proven ability to build, launch and iterate on apps under pressure
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
In your application, please include a short note about your background and interests, your Github username, and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set.