San Francisco, CA, US
Apply for this job
Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we’ve launched same-day delivery in nearly 200 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered more than $1B in grocery products.
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
- Collaboration with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Shipping high quality solutions with urgency
- Championing Android: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred with 2-3 years of software development experience and at least 2 years of Android app development experience
- Strong development skills in Java and with Android SDK, and good general programming and algorithm skills
- A strong sense of ownership
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience with RxJava
- Interest in Kotlin
- Data Driven mindset
- Automated testing experience
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both challenge and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
P.S. Our apps have been given Best-In-Class for Android Design, Best of 2015, Editor Choice, Top developer awards and featured numerous times in the Play Store. We are active in developer community, giving talks at conferences and meetups. We are passionate about Kotlin, RxJava and project Tango. Let's talk!