Principal Software Engineer, Performance
Plantation, FL, US
Apply for this job
Seeking candidates with extensive experience in embedded software on Linux and/or Android. Software Engineer must lead performance and be responsible for analysis, design, and software development to reach Required Performance Targets. Qualified Candidates must be able to demonstrate extraordinary skills in attention to System Performance Development: Understanding complex software systems, design maintainable and scalable software, performance features, lead investigations and fixing "bottlenecks". Qualified candidates will possess strong communication skills with the ability to work in an environment consisting of interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience in establishing performance processes: from early system requirements to product KPIs, design, coding, testing, validation
- Experience in hardware analysis and its impact to KPIs
- Experience in performance oriented system architecture design
- Experience in practical performance
- Performance test setup according to KPIs
- Data statistical evaluation and testing stabilization
- Problems diagnosing, bottleneck localization and analysis
- Producing patches which solve findings
- Extensive experience with system analysis for embedded systems in latency, system interconnect, throughput and bandwidth problems
- CPU/GPU profiling and analysis.
- Extensive software development experience with C/C++, Linux software development environment; experience in Linux Inter-process Communication (IPC) & Multi-threading programming
- Excellent communication, training, and documentation skills
- Development experience for Linux kernel and device drivers
- Memory profiling and analysis using valgrind, smem; of memory layout (heap, stack, bss/data, text) and in general how VMM works in Linux
- Resources and power management for embedded system
- ELF format organization, ARM EABI, stack organization and how to use it in practice would be ideal experience
- Performance tools development
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Computer Science
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.