Plantation, FL, US
Apply for this job
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and executing reliability program for Magic Leap product. Strong technical leadership, project management, and organizational skills are essential to succeed in this role.
- Development of new reliability tests procedures and specifications
- Developing and executing reliability test plans and summarizing results
- Driving the failure analysis resulting from reliability tests
- Statistical data analysis to provide risk assessment of a design
- Providing design input to improve product reliability
- Prioritizing and completing tasks to meet deadlines
- Interacting with a wide variety of individuals and teams to communicate results
- Working closely with contract manufacturing partners to understand and
- resolve reliability related issues, and material related issues
- Managing cross-functionally with many different teams to resolve reliability escalations.
- Communicate reliability updates to executives and senior management.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working in high tech field in reliability engineering. Consumer electronics experience is preferred
- Experience leading reliability program in high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in reliability testing (including Mechanical Stress Tests, Shock/Drop/Vibration Testing, Environmental Testing)
- Experience in failure analysis techniques (Optical Microscopy, X-Ray, SEM/EDS etc)
- Ability to use fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- Application of FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and DOE (Design of Experiments)
- Knowledge of industry test Standards (JEDEC, ASTM, IEEE)
- Experience of working with and developing CMs
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude engineer with the desire to work with a great team and product
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in engineering, science or related discipline. MS preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.