Manager, Supplier Quality Engineering
Apply for this job
In this role, you will have responsibility for the development and implementation of supplier quality management efforts to manufacture and scale one of the most innovative products in the world today. In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the supplier quality engineering across Magic Leap products. Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential to succeed in this role.
- Manage a team of lead/senior supplier quality engineers. Mentor and grow talent in order to deliver to high expectations.
- Serve as escalation point for critical supplier quality related issues through builds, and into MP. Lead the team in critical FA/CA on build or MP blockers.
- Establish Quality Specifications, Ongoing Reliability Test specifications, and Quality agreements between suppliers. Review supplier tool design, process flow, equipment selection, DFM, and DOE proposals.
- Communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives within Magic Leap and Suppliers.
- Manage supplier yield in depth from part input to final assembly with strong driving force based on manufacturing process knowledge and experience.
- Manage and work with supplier engineering teams to map out process development exercises, secure resources, secure FA in order to improve yield and commit to schedules in line with program goals.
- Lead in process capability assessment activities for new products/processes, and provide input back into various cross-functional teams.
- Ensure all technical risks associated with parts are identified and mitigated to enable the quality ramp of a product.
- Plan, propose, and lead experiments to produce timely and accurate analyses Plan and execute quality / yield bridge for MP volume.
- Lead supplier quality reviews with senior leadership
- Interface with multiple internal groups (such as engineering, Supply Chain, ID ) as well as external customers for quality issues.
- Working closely with suppliers to understand quality related factory issues, and material related issues
- Implement systems and processes to quickly identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Establish Statistical Process Control throughout production areas to aid in improvement of quality and manufacturing systems.
- Drive continual improvement through the quality system utilizing Six Sigma and Lean Systems methodology.
- Communicate quality updates to various stakeholders and executives.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in engineering, science or related discipline. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in high-tech consumer electronics supplier quality engineering or manufacturing roles with minimum 3 years in a leadership role.
- Evidence of commercial awareness and understanding of business context when making recommendations. International experience, particularly in Asia is required.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written and presentations.
- Ability to easily present complex situations / data and articulate effectively to senior executives. High level of ‘exec presence’ necessary.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Thorough understanding of product development procedures, electronic manufacturing and qualification processes and experience in mechanical, optical, electrical commodities is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Advanced Quality Planning, problem solving techniques and other quality systems.
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude individual with the desire to work with a great team and product.
- This position can require up to 30%+ domestic/international travel, with some trips lasting up to three weeks in duration.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines