A bit about the job
- managing planning, development, customization and maintenance of part of our Finance IT product, which is supporting core internal finance processes and needs;
- driving consolidation, analysis and negotiation of the needs and requirements from finance team (accounting, tax, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, control, internal treasury) auditors, regulators, tax authorities and other consumers of “big financial picture” and incorporating those into your roadmap;
- drive improvement of user experience of finance team in the use of parts of Finance IT Product in order to reduce number of still manual parts and steps and make the execution of finance processes smooth and efficient;
- on all the levels supporting other tracks in Finance Product and wider Finance team with building Finance product capabilities, which help us solving our tasks and challenges in the most efficient and sustainable way
- experience working closely with agile engineering teams, helping to set their sprint, month, quarter agenda, understanding both technical and non-technical languages and efficiently communicate on those
- you see and eager to learn the bigger picture of how various flows of financial information are formed, consolidating, transforming, controlled and made available to non-IT finance and non finance people
- you have worked with some accounting / financial systems and have understanding of concepts of closing periods, Trial Balance, financial reporting, tax accounting and other “standard” finance internal processes
- you can effectively work with people with different backgrounds - engineers, finance people, tax people, accountants, auditors and consultants
- you know how to develop strong assumptions, validate them fast and estimate potential trade-offs before starting the implementation
- you are data-driven with a structural and pedantic approach. You need to be able to prioritise the value you can add
- have confident technical background / understanding: SQL, databases, mass transaction processing
- ready to travel and spend time in London, UK and in Tallinn, Estonia
- working closely with your team and ensure high quality of the results you deliver
- thinking several steps ahead and ensure decisions and actions your team does contribute into bigger vision from technical, data, process perspectives
- passionate about technology and its relationship with business and user experience
- ability to own a subdomain, work independently and plan your own solutions to the problems
- good communication skills and ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- excitement to work in a high-growth and agile company
- be open, communicative, and fun to work with
- tech background - you can have a dialog with an engineer or other product managers in the “same language”
- being part of the team, who has cycles or periodic deadlines in their work
- participated in planning, implementing, building of the systems used for accounting, finance, regulatory reporting, management reporting
Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders - so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email at email@example.com. You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.