Logistics Operations Associate
San Francisco, CA, US
Apply for this job
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
- Monitor day-to-day fulfillment operations across multiple cities simultaneously, ensuring high levels of efficiency, quality, and execution.
- Support local & regional teams with value-added analysis and insight.
- Play a critical role in launch/expansion efforts through effective construct planning. & analysis
- Analyze weekly demand forecasts and align supply levels accordingly.
- Serve as the “air traffic controller” of operations by identifying and navigating multiple logistical challenges throughout the week.
- Actively communicate with shoppers to troubleshoot live issues impacting the supply chain.
- Provide critical feedback to and work directly with engineering teams to continuously improve system performance & execution.
- Act as liaison between regional and central teams to ensure alignment on key initiatives and strategy.
- Identify and research city-level events that may impede operations and devise effective countermeasures to mitigate.
- 1-2 years experience in an operations, fulfillment, or supply chain operations environment
- Experience synthesizing and analyzing data to identify trends & improvement opportunities (SQL experience a plus).
- Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively with key stakeholders across multiple channels
- Impressive multi-tasking skills
- A hunger to spot inefficiencies and improve broken processes
- Ability to process information quickly and implement effective countermeasures
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly-changing environment
- Team-oriented mindset and willingness to jump in to help wherever and whenever needed
- Willing to work a varying schedule that includes nights and weekends
- Passion for the customer and shopper experience
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart express membership